Registration for WFC2015 is now open and delegates can register online with a credit card, or request an invoice. Accommodation can be booked at the time of registration, and Letter of Support for Visa can be requested too.
How to register?
Registration for the Congress should be done through the online registration system. All participants and companions (accompanying persons) must register for the Congress.
To qualify for the early registration rates, registration and payment must be done by 07 july 2015. The late fee will be automatically charged if your payment has not been received by 08 July 2015.
Upon receipt of your registration form and payment or credit card details, the Congress Secretariat will confirm your participation in the Congress with a formal confirmation and invoice.
WFC2015 Registration and Accommodation Terms and Conditions
- Registration and accommodation reservations are valid once payment has been received in full.
- Completed registrations will be acknowledged by the WFC2015 Congress Secretariat within seven (7) days.
- All fees are payable in South African Rand (ZAR) within seven (7) days of invoice. Any short payment resulting from bank charges and/or exchange rate fluctuations will be charged back to the delegate.
- All payments to be made payable to WFC2015.
- All cancellations must be made and received in writing by the WFC2015 Congress Secretariat.
- Cancellation fees will be imposed as follows:
- Cancellations 90 days prior to the start of the Congress (i.e. before 9 June 2015) will receive a full refund of all monies paid less a 15% administration fee.
- Cancellations between 89 and 30 days prior to the start of the Congress will be refunded 50% of fees and/or accommodation amounts paid; if fees are outstanding the delegate will be liable for 50% of the fees.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations within 30 days of the start of the Congress (i.e. after 8 August 2015) or no–shows; the delegate will be liable for the full amount due in respect of fees and/or accommodation amounts due.
- Registrations are transferable to delegates not yet registered only if the WFC2015 Congress Secretariat is duly informed in writing at least 72 hours in advance of the start of the Congress.
- Registrations may not be shared, i.e. company name tags will not be issued and name tags may not be shared.
- The WFC2015 Congress Secretariat reserves the right to amend the listed rates should the prevailing rate of VAT (currently 14%) or the current tourism levy (currently 1%) be increased or changed. The same applies should any new levy or tax be imposed.
- Hotel guests are liable for any additional charges incurred during their stay and will be required to provide credit card details on check in in order to cover such extras.
Limitation of Liability in Relation to the Congress
The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF) reserves the right to cancel the WFC2015 Congress without notice or compensation in the event of any delay, default, failure or cancellation of implementation of any deliverable to or for the WFC2015 Congress which has been caused, directly or indirectly, by any incident of "force majeure". For the purposes hereof, the term "force majeure" shall mean any incident, circumstance or cause which renders delivery of the WFC2015 Congress substantially or totally impossible or impracticable and which is beyond the control of DAFF. The term shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Any strike, or other industrial action of any kind;
- Fire, flood, or adverse weather conditions;
- Unavoidable breakdown or destruction of facilities or equipment;
- Failure of carriers, delays in performance or delivery by sub-contractors or any other breach by a third party of a material obligation towards DAFF;
- Power failure;
- Promulgation/amendment/rescission of any relevant legislation or regulation by local or national government;
- Any occurrence of any nature which renders it reasonably necessary for DAFF to cancel the WFC2015 Congress.
In such circumstances, DAFF, the WFC2015 Local Organising Committee and the WFC2015 Congress Organisers are hereby indemnified and shall not be liable to any delegate, supplier or other service provider for any loss or damage save that DAFF shall only be liable to reimburse the relevant party such amounts as may actually have been received by DAFF, but after deduction of any costs that have been reasonably incurred by it up to the point of cancellation in preparing the Congress. This limited liability does not extend to any payments that may have been made directly or indirectly (on behalf of delegates/attendees/service providers, etc.) to third parties such as hotels or airlines.
DAFF, the WFC2015 Local Organising Committee and the WFC2015 Congress Organisers shall not be responsible for any theft, breakage, destruction or damages of any kind whatsoever and howsoever caused to personal and/or business items of delegates, companions, children, or other attendees.
All delegates are to make themselves fully aware of the health and visa requirements in respect of travel to South Africa; in the event that an individual is unable to participate in the Congress due to not meeting these requirements in any way, DAFF, the WFC2015 Local Organising Committee and the WFC2015 Congress Organisers will not accept responsibility in any respect.